We are setting up an ad hoc relief for women and LGBTQIA+ people in Cologne that need support so they can avoid going outside if they’re immunocompromised, chronically ill or elderly. You can also get relief with the help of this initiative if you are in quarantine and need help.
Who we are
This project was created by a group of individuals who are active in various LGBTQIA+ and feminist groups in Cologne. The project is explicitly aimed at women and LGBTQIA+ persons, as we are aware that these groups can potentially fall back on fewer (private) support structures and that existing offers often do not take their specific needs into account.
We volunteer as private individuals who want to react as quickly as possible to the rapid development of COVID-19. We act autonomously (i.e. not on behalf of any political party or other groups). If you would like to receive further information about us, please write an email to email@example.com
We offer matching people for:
- Help for shopping/running errands
- Chating with someone to relieve the persons mental stress (digtally e.g. via phone, Mail, Chat)
- Help if you have no funds left to sustain yourself (we are trying)
- As soon as you are in contact, you can also talk about other possibilities of support
We’re glad, that you decided to support your community. But please be aware, that you should only offer physical help, if you’re feeling PHYSICALLY COMPLETELY HEALTHY. If you’re not, it’s better to wait until you’re feeling all good again.
Please be aware of your responsibility and do not offer physical support to a person who is part of the high-risk group if, for example, you have been in contact with large crowds of people in the past two weeks or have been travelling in a particularly affected area, even if you have no symptoms.
This project will be more like a marathon, as even in two, four or six weeks, there will still be people in need of your support.
How does it work?
We connect people who need support with people who can offer the appropriate support. As soon as you are connected, you can discuss the terms of your interaction self-dependently.
If you need help or can offer help, please fill out one of the following forms or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org (we very much prefer the forms as it is less organisational work)
- Try to keep the risk of further spreading of Corona for yourself and others as low as possible.
- Find out about ways of contagion and follow the general hygiene recommendations of, for example, the WHO or the Ministry of Health.
- Do not use your tote bag, but take a disposable bag from the supermarket if you are shopping for a person.
- We will tell you the pronouns with which the person would like to be addressed. Please make sure that you use them correctly.
- Depending on the situation, you can also leave your shopping in front of the person’s door and ring the bell.
- If you feel insecure, you can e.g. let your friends know who you are going to see.